How is it possible for a group of busy working professionals to serve 15 counties, 495 students, and award over $1.8 million in scholarships with no full-time staff? It’s not.
HCSF depends on a well-organized army of volunteers who work alongside our board of directors to help build the bridge that takes our scholars from HOPE to REALITY!
Our volunteers help fulfill dreams by:
- Serving on our annual fundraising committees
- Serving as LTD Program leaders, providing training and development through mentoring and formal workshops
- Helping secure internship opportunities for scholars
- Serving as Hope Chest Scholars Mentors
- Seeking additional financial support for scholars
- Helping students craft essays for applications and preparing for college interviews
- Assisting with administrative tasks